Dear Prospective Employer,
Thank you for your interest in supporting our students’ education. The experience of Externship provides our students with the opportunity to apply the technical skills learned in the classroom environment to a real world setting, to grow their professional network, and to gain experience conducting a professional job search. Externship is a required class.
Students begin the class of Externship at multiple times throughout the year, and have a pre-defined time period in which to complete their minimum hours.
- Associate of Science in Criminal Justice – 145 Externship Hours
- Associate of Science in Medical Assistant – 145 Externship Hours
- Associate of Science in Sport Management– 145 Externship Hours
- Associate of Science in Physical Therapy Assistant – 145 Externship Hours
- Associate of Science in Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management – 145 Externship Hours
The Course of Externship is a 3 credit hour course and the student must complete their weeks and hours within one designated semester, with the entire experience taking place during one of the following semester dates. Fall: late July – late-November Spring: early-January-late-April Summer: end-April-late -July.
Non Degree Programs
- Internet Marketing – 90 Externship Hours
- Multimedia Technology – 90 Externship Hours
- Sports and Fitness Management – 90 Externship Hours
The Course of Externship is a 90 clock hour course and the student must complete their weeks and hours prior to graduation.
Applying to Become an Approved Site
After completing this form, you will be required to submit the following materials. These items are required. Applications will not be reviewed without these additional materials:
- Externship Curriculum. Externship is a three-credit course that is a required element of our programs. As such, a vital element of the application to become an approved Externship host will be the learning experience (the curriculum) that your establishment will provide for the student.
Use our template to create your curriculum.
The following criteria serve as guidelines in the consideration of your application:
- The establishment has been open for at least one year
- Three years of industry experience
- The establishment’s plan for the Extern’s experience provides opportunities for rotation, growth, and increased learning
Please feel free to contact The Center for Career and Academic Advising at 954-972-0635 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding the Externship Program, the application, or the approval process.
Thank you again for your interest in supporting our students’ education.